*The number of sessions you need depends on your level of experience. Most people start with two hours and then put the practise in and reassess where they need help, if any.
You can record the session locally on your computer using Skype.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE
- Establishing a file structure, archive and backup strategy
- Setting up Lightroom’s automated import feature for your camera
- Importing photos and adding metadata
- Picture selection using Photo Mechanic or Lightroom
- Rating, tagging and renaming photos
- Artistic interpretation of the image
- Making adjustments using the complete toolset of Lightroom
- Making a complete set of black & white copies in a few mouse clicks
- Exporting for archive, web and print.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS?
You send us a batch of 40 or so raw files via We Send It, Dropbox or Google Drive. Damien preloads them into a new catalog of Lightroom, starts a Skype session with you and then shares his screen. You get to see everything that Damien is doing in real time. At the end of the session, any XMP files generated can be sent to you so that you have all the edits created. Throughout the process Damien will cover wider topics including long term file and picture management strategies, and alternative methods of selecting pictures as required.
YOUR TUTOR: DAMIEN LOVEGROVE
Considered by many to be one of the worlds most influential contemporary photographers, he is best known for creating portraits that make women look fabulous.
Joining the BBC at the age of 19, Damien worked as a cameraman and trained as a Lighting Director before leaving in 1998 to become a full time photographer.
Now a Fujifilm X Photographer and Fujifilm UK Ambassador, he has travelled the world as a commercial photographer, a wedding and portrait photographer and now a teacher, motivator, writer and columnist.