The USA road trip adventure for 2024 is now available for booking
Deserts & Gold Dust 15th – 23rd May 2024
- Nine days of photography and road trip adventure.
- Two professional models with us for the duration of the tour.
- Shooting portraits among the abandoned mining buildings and shacks.
- Shooting landscapes at Mono Lake, Cathedral Gorge and the Alabama hills.
- Shooting at a railway museum, in the engine sheds and among the wagons.
- Staying at classic motels along the way.
- Travelling in a convoy of spacious luxury SUVs. Ford Expedition or Chevy Suburban.
- 35 shoot locations on a journey of 1445 miles.
- Flash kits, triggers and smoke machine supplied.
- Guidance and inspiration from expert tutors throughout.
Lovegrove Adventures workshops attract men and women from all over the world who have a creative heart and are keen to learn new skills. These are fabulous holidays celebrating photography, creating and capturing beautiful moments. The planning and preparation are always top-notch.
Capture the Essence of Cinematic Lighting
For years, cinematographers have been crafting exquisite light with gobos. Today, as photo and video lights have evolved to incorporate cool-running LEDs, Scattergels present a game-changing opportunity. Simply attach these lightweight gels to your barn doors, and voilà—witness the magic of dappled light transforming your scene.
Free global shipping and full EU VAT compliance via IOSS. Beautiful light is now more affordable than ever. There’s something irresistible about the way Scattergels transform lighting.
In this video Damien Lovegrove shows how he has used Scattergels to transform his photographs. He discusses a selection of his favourite images and gives valuable tips along the way.
This ten minute video shows Damien Lovegrove taking portraits lit with the Crunch Scattergel. You can clearly see here how the Scattergel has transformed the scenes.
Life is too short for compromise
Photography is so rewarding when the quality of your pictures captured are top-notch. After a Lovegrove trip your confidence as a photographer will improve dramatically with your newly learned lighting, directing, communication and camera skills. When you book a Lovegrove Adventures workshop you can rest assured that you have a world-class event to look forward to.
The photographs in the slideshow above were taken on Lovegrove workshops, adventures or 1:1 training sessions, and show the diversity and quality of photography being taught. There are usually between 50 and 70 ‘keepers’ from each day of shooting.
Develop your photography skills
- Skyrocket your photography
- Become a lighting master
- Take control of your flash
- Realise the potential in your camera kit investment
- Don’t let your camera gather dust, put it through its paces
- Treat yourself to a fabulous photography holiday
- Have fun in the sun
- Make new friends
Your photography mentor and tour leader
“For over 10 years now I’ve been teaching photography at the highest level. I’ve taught well established commercial photographers how to light people. I’ve taught beginners what they need to know at the start of their creative journey. For me, it’s all about moving my clients forward, imparting my knowledge and wisdom with passion and enthusiasm. I have a wealth of experience gained over the past 35 years and I’d like to share it with you.” Damien Lovegrove
There are a number of reasons for why this is my third workshop with Damien. But especially one reason stands out.
I am fully aware there are other good photographers. I am however convinced there are very few if any who are able... read more
There is always time & space to investigate your own version of an image, but when you get stuck assistance always arrives from Damien at... read more
The workshop didn't disappoint. I came away with plenty of... read more